According to The Telegraph, Aston Villa are interested in signing Gregoire Defrel from AS Roma in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Villa looked at signing the 28-year-old forward in the summer of 2019 as well.
The report has claimed that Italian club Sassuolo have made the Italian available.
Defrel joined his former club Sassuolo on a season-long load deal from fellow Italian outfit Roma in the summer of 2019.
Defrel has made five starts and three substitute appearances in Serie A for Sassuolo so far this season, scoring one goal and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
During his loan spell at Sampdoria during the 2018-19 campaign, the 28-year-old made 26 starts and 10 substitute appearances in Serie A, scoring 11 goals and providing three assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Villa do need to sign a striker in the January transfer window due to the season-ended injury to Wesley.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups