According to The Daily Mail, Aston Villa are interested in signing Daniel Sturridge from Trabzonspor in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Premier League outfit Villa are monitoring the former Liverpool striker.
The report has also credited French club Marseille with interest in Sturridge, who joined Trabzonspor in the summer of 2019 on a free transfer after leaving Premier League side Liverpool at the end of last season.
Sturridge is fully fit now and is playing well for Trabzonspor at the moment, having failed to make a huge impact during his time at Liverpool under manager Jurgen Klopp.
So far this season, the 30-year-old striker has made six starts and three substitute appearances in the Turkish league for Trabzonspor, scoring four goals and providing four assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Sturridge, who won the Premier League title with Chelsea in 2010 and the Champions League with the Blues in 2012 and with Liverpool in 2019, has also played 126 minutes in the Europa League this campaign, according to WhoScored.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet