According to The Daily Mail, Aston Villa are interested in signing Daniel Sturridge from Trabzonspor in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Premier League outfit Villa are monitoring the former Liverpool striker.
The report has also credited French club Marseille with interest in Sturridge, who joined Trabzonspor in the summer of 2019 on a free transfer after leaving Premier League side Liverpool at the end of last season.
Sturridge is fully fit now and is playing well for Trabzonspor at the moment, having failed to make a huge impact during his time at Liverpool under manager Jurgen Klopp.
So far this season, the 30-year-old striker has made six starts and three substitute appearances in the Turkish league for Trabzonspor, scoring four goals and providing four assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Sturridge, who won the Premier League title with Chelsea in 2010 and the Champions League with the Blues in 2012 and with Liverpool in 2019, has also played 126 minutes in the Europa League this campaign, according to WhoScored.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City