Aston Villa are interested in signing Mehdi Taremi from Rio Ave in the January transfer window, according to Sky Sports.
It has been reported that Villa manager Dean Smith wants to sign another striker following the arrival of Mbwana Samatta from Genk.
Taremi joined Portuguese club Rio Ave from Al Gharafa in the summer of 2019 and has scored six goals in the league so far this season, according to the report.
Villa clinched promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of last season.
The Villans were expected to do well in the top flight of English football, but they are struggling at the moment.
Smith’s team are third from bottom in the Premier League table at the moment with 22 points from 23 matches.
Villa will return to action on Tuesday evening when they take on Watford at Villa Park in the Premier League.
The Villans have to put together a run of positive results to enhance their chances of staving off the dreaded drop to the Championship.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka