Aston Villa are interested in signing Mehdi Taremi from Rio Ave in the January transfer window, according to Sky Sports.
It has been reported that Villa manager Dean Smith wants to sign another striker following the arrival of Mbwana Samatta from Genk.
Taremi joined Portuguese club Rio Ave from Al Gharafa in the summer of 2019 and has scored six goals in the league so far this season, according to the report.
Villa clinched promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of last season.
The Villans were expected to do well in the top flight of English football, but they are struggling at the moment.
Smith’s team are third from bottom in the Premier League table at the moment with 22 points from 23 matches.
Villa will return to action on Tuesday evening when they take on Watford at Villa Park in the Premier League.
The Villans have to put together a run of positive results to enhance their chances of staving off the dreaded drop to the Championship.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups