According to ESPN, Aston Villa have beaten Liverpool and Manchester United to the signature of Barcelona youngster Louie Barry.
Barry joined Barcelona in the summer of 2019 after leaving West Bromwich Albion in the Championship in England.
The 16-year-old is now reportedly set to go back to England, with Premier League club Villa having won the race for the teenager’s services.
It has been reported that the striker will move to Villa from Barcelona in the January transfer window for a fee reported by ESPN to be worth €1.5 million (£1.27 million).
The report has also claimed that Barry will start his Villa career for the Under-23 side.
Good signing for Aston Villa?
Barry is a very talented and promising young striker who can be a star for the future.
The 16-year-old is too young to play for the Villa first tea, but if the teenager does well in the coming months, then he could feature for the senior team.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups