According to ESPN, Aston Villa have beaten Liverpool and Manchester United to the signature of Barcelona youngster Louie Barry.
Barry joined Barcelona in the summer of 2019 after leaving West Bromwich Albion in the Championship in England.
The 16-year-old is now reportedly set to go back to England, with Premier League club Villa having won the race for the teenager’s services.
It has been reported that the striker will move to Villa from Barcelona in the January transfer window for a fee reported by ESPN to be worth €1.5 million (£1.27 million).
The report has also claimed that Barry will start his Villa career for the Under-23 side.
Good signing for Aston Villa?
Barry is a very talented and promising young striker who can be a star for the future.
The 16-year-old is too young to play for the Villa first tea, but if the teenager does well in the coming months, then he could feature for the senior team.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer