According to ESPN, Aston Villa have beaten Liverpool and Manchester United to the signature of Barcelona youngster Louie Barry.
Barry joined Barcelona in the summer of 2019 after leaving West Bromwich Albion in the Championship in England.
The 16-year-old is now reportedly set to go back to England, with Premier League club Villa having won the race for the teenager’s services.
It has been reported that the striker will move to Villa from Barcelona in the January transfer window for a fee reported by ESPN to be worth €1.5 million (£1.27 million).
The report has also claimed that Barry will start his Villa career for the Under-23 side.
Good signing for Aston Villa?
Barry is a very talented and promising young striker who can be a star for the future.
The 16-year-old is too young to play for the Villa first tea, but if the teenager does well in the coming months, then he could feature for the senior team.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself