Aston Villa goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic is set to go on loan when the transfer window opens, according to the Birmingham Mail.
The report added that the Croatian would move to Hajduk Split when the Croatian window opens on January 18.
The Croatian international joined Villa in January 2019 when they were still playing in the Championship. He was initially brought in and given the number one spot. However, it did not take long to see that he was not cut out for life at Villa Park.
He did not look confident in goal and went on to concede eight goals from his first three games.
Dean Smith has been impressive since becoming Villa manager though it is safe to say that the signing of Kalinic is something that he got wrong.
Kalinic did not make a single competitive appearance last season, and it became evident that he was surplus to requirements at the club.
A transfer will be the best thing for all parties involved. It may be what Kalinic needs to start enjoying his football again. He came through the youth setup at Hajduk and made more than 100 league appearances for the club before leaving in 2016 to join Gent.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto