Turkish giants Besiktas have made Aston Villa winger Trezeguet a priority target for the upcoming summer, according to Turkish source Fotospor.
It has been a season of mixed fortunes for the Egypt international. He arrived at Villa Park last summer and was expected to make an impact for the Midlands club following their promotion to the Premier League.
Whilst he has shown some good signs, he has struggled for consistency.
Villa may be forced to sell a few high earners at the club next summer if they are relegated from the English top-flight.
Whilst Besiktas may not be able to afford Trezeguet due to their own financial woes, they may try to sign him on a loan deal.
The Premier League has been suspended until April due to the coronavirus outbreak.
As things stand, Villa will resume their season when they face off against Wolverhampton Wanderers on April 4.
Trezeguet has been a first-team regular for the Villans this season and scored three goals as well as recorded one assist from 24 top-flight appearances.
One of the highlights of his time at the Midlands club came during the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Leicester City as he scored the winner for his club during second-half stoppage time.
Villa will likely be prioritising Premier League survival this season and will only make decisions on the futures of their first-team members at the end of the season.
Trezeguet may also not want to feature in the Championship at this stage of his career.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer