Turkish giants Besiktas have made Aston Villa winger Trezeguet a priority target for the upcoming summer, according to Turkish source Fotospor.
It has been a season of mixed fortunes for the Egypt international. He arrived at Villa Park last summer and was expected to make an impact for the Midlands club following their promotion to the Premier League.
Whilst he has shown some good signs, he has struggled for consistency.
Villa may be forced to sell a few high earners at the club next summer if they are relegated from the English top-flight.
Whilst Besiktas may not be able to afford Trezeguet due to their own financial woes, they may try to sign him on a loan deal.
The Premier League has been suspended until April due to the coronavirus outbreak.
As things stand, Villa will resume their season when they face off against Wolverhampton Wanderers on April 4.
Trezeguet has been a first-team regular for the Villans this season and scored three goals as well as recorded one assist from 24 top-flight appearances.
One of the highlights of his time at the Midlands club came during the Carabao Cup semi-final second leg against Leicester City as he scored the winner for his club during second-half stoppage time.
Villa will likely be prioritising Premier League survival this season and will only make decisions on the futures of their first-team members at the end of the season.
Trezeguet may also not want to feature in the Championship at this stage of his career.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet