According to The Telegraph, Dean Smith is under pressure at Aston Villa at the moment.
Villa are in real danger of getting relegated to the Championship at the end of the season, and Smith is in danger of losing his job, according to the report.
The upcoming Premier League game against Chelsea at Villa Park will be a crucial, claims the report, which suggests that a decision could be made on the future of the manager should the Villans lose the game.
Villa are in a very bad run of form, with Smith seemingly looking out of ideas to get things right.
Since the start of February, the Villans have lost to Bournemouth, Tottenham Hotspur, Southampton, Manchester City (EFL Cup final) and Leicester City.
Smith’s side are second from bottom in the Premier League table at the moment with 25 points from 28 matches, two points behind 17th-placed Watford.
Dismissing Dean Smith
There is still a very good chance that Villa could survive the drop to the Championship at the end of the season, but things need to improve soon.
Perhaps a new manager could give the players that little bit of boost that could see them win a couple of games and climb out of the bottom three.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager