According to The Guardian, Aston Villa and Newcastle United are interested in signing Glenn Murray from Brighton and Hove Albion in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that both Villa and Newcastle want to secure the services of Murray on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The 36-year-old is out of contract at Premier League outfit Brighton at the end of the season.
The report has claimed that the Seagulls will allow the former Bournemouth striker to leave this month if they are able to sign a striker.
Murray has made three starts and 10 substitute appearances in the Premier League for Brighton so far this season, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the striker made 30 starts and eight substitute appearances in the league for the Seagulls, scoring 13 goals and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
Back in 2017-18, Murray made 25 starts and 10 substitute appearances in the Premier League for Brighton, scoring 12 goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups