Arsenal starlet Gabriel Martinelli is set to treble his wages by the end of the season as the Gunners look to fend off interest from Real Madrid, according to the Daily Mail.
The talented forward has been spectacular with his performances since he joined the Emirates Stadium side in a summer move from the Brazilian club Ituano.
Martinelli has made a big impact at the North London club in such a short time, scoring an impressive 10 goals in 21 appearances for Arsenal, including his superb breakaway strike in the 2-2 draw with Chelsea on Tuesday night.
His amazing performances have sparked interest from La Liga giants Real Madrid, the report has added.
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is believed to be greatly impressed with the Brazilian’s performances and therefore doesn’t want to lose him to the Spanish club.
Martinelli has been forced into the limelight in the last two games due to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s suspension, and he stepped up by scoring goals in each match.
It is understood that Martinelli is unlikely to lose his place to Aubameyang when he returns from his three-game ban for the Burnley trip, with Nicolas Pepe seemingly the likely candidate to warm the Arsenal substitute bench.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest