Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta was hugely impressed with Sheffield United star John Fleck in their Premier League encounter last Saturday and now wants to bring the 28-year-old midfielder to the Emirates Stadium, according to Football Insider.
Seeing the Gunners’ interest, the Blades have reportedly set a £20 million valuation if the Scottish battler is to leave Bramall Lane.
Reported Arsenal target Fleck has been impressive for United this term, with his goals crucial in helping Chris Wilder’s side break into the upper reaches of the Premier League table.
The experienced player came to Bramall Lane on a free transfer in 2016 and has since played a major contribution in their club’s journey from League One to the Premier League.
Fleck has scored 13 goals and made 41 assists in 160 appearances for his team and has also earned a call-up to the Scottish national team.
However, United may find it hard to keep him should Arsenal come knocking.
The report suggests that Fleck has been on the Gunners’ radar for some time, with their interest increasing after his brilliant display at the Emirates on Saturday.
Arsenal have looked devoid of leaders, especially in the centre of midfield, in recent years.
While not as technically gifted as some of the current Gunners squad, the capture of Fleck would bring an intense work-rate and steel to the Arsenal boiler room.
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace
- David Alaba wanted to join Barcelona before Real Madrid move, claims Uli Hoeness