Arsenal are reportedly interested in offering Matteo Guendouzi in a bid to FC Barcelona’s want-away midfielder Philippe Coutinho in the summer transfer window, as per English tabloid Daily Mail.
The 21-year-old is very highly-rated but has been heavily linked with a move away from the North London-based club, largely because of lack of discipline which is why he fell in the picking order under manager Mikel Arteta who did not use him in Arsenal’s 2-1 FA Cup semifinals win over Manchester City on Saturday.
Recent reports in the media suggested that the Gunners’ hierarchy are more than willing to let Guendouzi—who joined the club in the summer of 2018 for a reported transfer fee of £7.20 million from French Ligue 1 outfit FC Lorient—join Barcelona in the summer which can help them secure the signing of Coutinho.
The Brazil international has also been linked with a move away from the Catalan-based club after failing to adjust there since moving in January 2018 from newly-crowned Premier League champions Liverpool in a deal worth of £130.50 million.
Since then, the former Inter Milan midfielder has represented Barcelona in 76 matches in all competitions where he has managed to score 21 goals and provided 11 assists.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer