Arsenal are reportedly interested in making a move for Newcastle United’s Freddie Woodman, according to Football.London.
The 23-year-old is currently on a second loan spell with Championship club Swansea City. Since joining the Welsh giants in 2019, Woodman has been the standout goalkeeper at the club.
The Gunners are looking for a new keeper after Emiliano Martinez left the Emirates to join Aston Villa last summer.
Arsenal brought in Alex Runnarsson during the same summer to provide competition for first-choice keeper Bernd Leno. However, the Iceland international has not looked solid in cup competitions, and the club may look to move him on.
Woodman has looked solid at Championship level and looks ready to make the step up to the Premier League.
With Martin Dubravka and Karl Darlow firmly above him in the Newcastle pecking order, there seems to be little chance of Woodman getting regular first-team football at his boyhood club.
However, he will need to be careful when making his next move. If he wants to play consistently, then the Emirates may not be his best option.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto