Arsenal are keen on signing former Aston Villa star Jordan Amavi, according to French source L’Equipe (via the Sun).
After leaving Villa in the summer of 2017, the former France U-21 international has been a first-team regular for Marseille.
Amavi’s contract with Marseille is due to end at the end of the current season, meaning that he will be able to join another club on a free transfer.
The 26-year-old may be tempted by a return to the Premier League at this point of his career, and so a move to Arsenal could appeal to him.
Amavi made ten Premier League appearances in Villa’s disastrous 2015/16 top-flight campaign, which saw them relegated to the Championship.
He was a first-team regular for the Midlands club in the following season.
The Gunners will be looking for new left-back in the summer after allowing Sead Kolasinac to move to Schalke on loan.
Now that he is a more mature and technically better player than he was in his early 20s, Amavi may be tempted to return to the Premier League.
A move to the Gunners may also aide his chances of winning selection to the French national team.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto