Arsenal are keen on signing former Aston Villa star Jordan Amavi, according to French source L’Equipe (via the Sun).
After leaving Villa in the summer of 2017, the former France U-21 international has been a first-team regular for Marseille.
Amavi’s contract with Marseille is due to end at the end of the current season, meaning that he will be able to join another club on a free transfer.
The 26-year-old may be tempted by a return to the Premier League at this point of his career, and so a move to Arsenal could appeal to him.
Amavi made ten Premier League appearances in Villa’s disastrous 2015/16 top-flight campaign, which saw them relegated to the Championship.
He was a first-team regular for the Midlands club in the following season.
The Gunners will be looking for new left-back in the summer after allowing Sead Kolasinac to move to Schalke on loan.
Now that he is a more mature and technically better player than he was in his early 20s, Amavi may be tempted to return to the Premier League.
A move to the Gunners may also aide his chances of winning selection to the French national team.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest