Arsenal are one of the clubs that are interested in coveted Celtic midfielder Ryan Christie, according to 90min.
Christie has been one of the stars for Celtic for many years and played a big role in helping Scotland qualify for the rescheduled European Championships.
The 25-year-old has entered the final year of his contract with the Hoops, and it doesn’t look likely that he will pen a new deal. That indicates that he is considering a new challenge.
He has won virtually everything that there is to win in Scotland and now may be the perfect time for him to test himself in a new league.
Though Arsenal’s form has picked up in recent weeks, their form for the majority of this season so far has been poor.
Mikel Arteta’s side do need to bolster their squad this month if they are to stand a chance of moving further up the standings and attaining European football next season.
Christie will be an affordable option for the Gunners, and his work-rate is something that may appeal to Arteta.
The presence of Kieran Tierney, who plays with Christie for the Scottish national team is a factor that could help the Gunners secure the player’s signature.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer