The agent of Barcelona defender Nelson Semedo has approved a move for the player to Tottenham Hotspur, according to El Desmarque.
The 26-year-old joined the Blaugrana from Benfica during the summer of 2017.
The reported Tottenham target quickly established himself as a first-team regular for the La Liga giants but has since fallen down the pecking order at the club.
He has so far started just 11 games for Ernesto Valverde’s club this season in the La Liga and is now keen for a fresh challenge.
The report added that the Portugal international wants to move to a club where he will feel valued as a player again, even if it means joining a club which will not be competing in next season’s Champions League.
Tottenham have since emerged as prime contenders to secure the signature of Semedo.
They are in need of reinforcement defensively this month if they want to improve their chances of achieving a top four finish.
The report did however add that Spurs and Barcelona are miles apart in terms of their valuation of Semedo.
Valverde’s club are reportedly demanding £42.5 million for a sale whilst Spurs value him at around £30.5 million.
Semedo will be worth the money for Spurs and could be a good replacement for Serge Aurier.
The Ivorian has never really managed to churn out consistent performances since joining the Lilywhites back in 2017.
He also looked especially poor during the club’s 7-2 demolition at the hands of Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City