According to 90min, Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing former Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Tottenham have made contact with the France international striker amid negotiations between the 33-year-old and Italian giants Inter Milan.
The report has claimed that the striker’s agent Michael Manuello has approached Spurs, who are ready to offer the Frenchman two-and-a-half-year contract.
It has also been reported that Giroud is open to joining Tottenham in the January transfer window and working with head coach Jose Mourinho.
Giroud has made two starts and three substitute appearances in the Premier League for Chelsea so far this season, and has played only 17 minutes in the Champions League for the Blues, according to WhoScored.
With Harry Kane injured, Tottenham do need a striker, and given Giroud’s experience and quality, he will be a smart addition to the team.
However, it would be a controversial signing that the Frenchman is a former Arsenal player.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer