According to 90min, Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing former Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Tottenham have made contact with the France international striker amid negotiations between the 33-year-old and Italian giants Inter Milan.
The report has claimed that the striker’s agent Michael Manuello has approached Spurs, who are ready to offer the Frenchman two-and-a-half-year contract.
It has also been reported that Giroud is open to joining Tottenham in the January transfer window and working with head coach Jose Mourinho.
Giroud has made two starts and three substitute appearances in the Premier League for Chelsea so far this season, and has played only 17 minutes in the Champions League for the Blues, according to WhoScored.
With Harry Kane injured, Tottenham do need a striker, and given Giroud’s experience and quality, he will be a smart addition to the team.
However, it would be a controversial signing that the Frenchman is a former Arsenal player.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups