Mesut Ozil is not planning to remain at Arsenal and has told friends that he wants to play football in the United States or Turkey, according to The Sun.
The former German international has fallen down the pecking order at the Emirates and many fans of the club wants to see him leave soon in order to free up wages and space within the squad.
The report added that the 31-year-old wants to see out the remaining year of his contract at Arsenal before embarking on a new challenge.
Ozil has struggled since the Premier League returned from the COVID-19 crisis. Since then, he has been named on the Gunners bench three times but did not come on.
The 2014 World Cup winner arrived at the Emirates Stadium in 2013 from Real Madrid.
He was a key player for the Gunners for much of his time with the team. He has so far gone on to play 254 times in all competitions for the club, scoring 44 goals. He helped the club to win three FA Cups.
Ozil’s international career with Germany ended on a bitter note at the end of the nation’s 2018 World Cup campaign.
He was widely criticized as the German’s failed to advance beyond the group stage of the competition in Russia despite having won the tournament in 2014.
Ozil has nothing left to prove to the football world. It is no surprise that he wants to see out the remainder of his career in a league which not among Europe’s top five.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager