According to The Guardian, West Ham United are interested in signing Nathaniel Clyne from Liverpool in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that West Ham manager David Moyes could target a right-back this month due to the injury to Ryan Fredericks.
The report has claimed that Newcastle United right-back Javier Manquillo is an option for the Hammers, with Clyne of Liverpool also on the radar of the Hammers.
Good signing for West Ham United?
Clyne has been at Liverpool since 2015, but the England international right-back – who earns £70,000 per week as salary, according to Spotrac.com – has lost his place in the first team.
Injuries have hampered the progress of the former Southampton star at Anfield, and it would make sense for the 28-year-old to find a new club.
West Ham would be a good option, as the Hammers are an established club in the Premier League and have lofty ambitions for the future.
The defender has to play in the Premier League this season, and played just 108 minutes in the league for Liverpool last season, according to WhoScored.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills