According to Football Insider, West Bromwich Albion are interested in signing Connor Goldson from Rangers in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that West Brom are looking to bring in a new central defender this month, and the Championship club in England are claimed to be looking at Rangers star Goldson.
The Baggies’ Championship rivals Fulham and Leeds United are also reported to be interested in the 27-year-old central defender.
January transfer unlikely
Goldson has been on the books of Rangers since the summer of 2018 when he joined from Brighton and Hove Albion for a transfer fee reported by The Daily Record to be worth £3 million.
The 27-year-old has established himself as a key figure in Rangers manager Steven Gerrard’s team and is playing well for the Gers at the moment.
It is hard to see the Gers sanction a move for Goldson away from Ibrox in the January transfer window, with the Ibrox club aiming to win the Scottish Premiership title ahead of bitter Old Firm rivals Celtic this season.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka