According to Bleacher Report, Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud does not want to join a club fighting for survival in the Premier League amid interest from Aston Villa and Newcastle United.
Giroud is out of contract at Chelsea at the end of the season, and both Villa and Newcastle are interested in signing the former Arsenal striker in the January transfer window.
The report has claimed that the France international could cost just £3 million in transfer fees this month.
However, according to the report, Giroud does not fancy a battle at the bottom end of the Premier League, meaning that both Villa and Newcastle are set to be disappointed in their quest to secure the services of the 33-year-old.
With Bleacher Report claiming that Inter Milan are interested in Giroud, it would make sense for the Frenchman to join the Italian giants instead of Villa or Newcastle.
True, the former Arsenal star would get more playing time at the Villans or the Magpies, but he would struggle to get services and would have to fight for survival, while Inter are chasing the Scudetto this season.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City