According to The Guardian, Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Krzysztof Piatek from AC Milan in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Tottenham have identified Piatek as a target this month following the injury to star striker Harry Kane.
The report has claimed that Italian giants AC Milan are ready to sell the 24-year-old striker for £30 million, having recently signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
The report in The Guardian has stated that Newcastle United and Aston Villa also want the Poland international, who is not agitating for a move away from Milan.
It has also been added that Tottenham, Newcastle and Villa all want a loan deal, but Milan want to sell the striker on a permanent basis.
Tottenham Hotspur have advantage?
With Kane injured at the moment, Piatek will know that he will get chances to play straightway if he joins Tottenham in the January after window.
Both Villa and Newcastle are struggling for survival in the Premier League, and the striker may not be interested in playing for a club at the wrong end of the table.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City