Sami Khedira has admitted that he has held talks with Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, as quoted by Goal.
“We spoke on the phone and wrote.
“I have had a difficult time and want to play football again, fighting for three points week after week. That’s what I long for.
“At the moment I still have so much strength and energy, so I am not dealing with summer 2021, but with December and January. A change is realistic. My full focus is on that.”
The 33-year-old has not played a single competitive game for Juventus this season, and a January exit seems increasingly likely.
Khedira will also be getting frustrated as he has been used sparingly for the Old Lady in the past two seasons. At 33-years-old, he likely only has another two years of being able to compete at an elite level and will likely be keen on a new challenge.
Khedira’s contract is due to expire at the end of the season, though he will be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January.
Khedira has a decorated CV, but Everton will need to be wary of his age and lack of recent playing time. There’s no doubt he may still have a lot to contribute, but they will not be getting the same Khedira that dominated the midfield for Germany and Real Madrid.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups