Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Diego Carlos from Sevilla in the summer transfer window, according to The Telegraph.
It has been reported that Carlos’s performances for Sevilla in La Liga this season have caught the eye of Tottenham.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is also claimed to want to sign the 27-year-old central defender this summer.
According to The Telegraph, Sevilla signed Carlos from Nantes in the summer of 2019 for a transfer fee of £13.6 million.
The 27-year-old central defender has made 34 appearances in La Liga for the Spanish club this season, scoring two goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
The former Nantes man has also made three starts and one substitute appearance in the Europa League for the Andalucian club this campaign, according to WhoScored.
Tottenham Hotspur transfer?
With City also reportedly interested in Carlos, Tottenham face a huge fight to land the Sevilla star.
After all, the Citizens will play in the Champions League next season, while Spurs may not even be in the Europa League.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups