According to The Telegraph, Tottenham Hotspur central defender Jan Vertonghen is on the radar of Napoli and Ajax.
Vertonghen is out of contract at Tottenham at the end of the season, and no new deal is in place.
It has been reported that Italian club Napoli wanted the Belgium international in the summer of 2019, and the Serie A outfit are prepared to make a move for the 32-year-old in the January transfer window.
The report has also claimed that Vertonghen’s former club Ajax are interested in re-signing the player they sold to Spurs in 2012 for £12 million.
Tottenham Hotspur stay
Vertonghen is past his best and has not been in great form this season, but with Spurs in the race for a top-four finish in the Premier League table this season, they cannot afford to sell him this month.
True, Tottenham will lose the defender on a free transfer at the end of the season, but the North London outfit are unlikely to get a lot this month.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees