According to The Birmingham Mail, Nottingham Forest are interested in signing Jonathan Kodjia from Aston Villa in the January transfer window.
Kodjia is out of contract at Premier League club Villa at the end of the season, and Forest in the Championship are reported to be interested in securing the services of the 30-year-old Ivory Coast international forward this month.
Kodjia has played 112 minutes in the Premier League for Villa so far this season, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 30-year-old made 22 starts and 19 minutes in the Championship for Villa, scoring nine goals and providing two assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
Good signing for Nottingham Forest?
With Villa having lost striker Wesley to injury for the rest of the season, manager Dean Smith may not be willing to let Kodjia leave in the January transfer window.
However, Kodjia would be a good signing for Forest in their push for promotion to the Premier League at the end of the season.
The Reds are fifth in the Championship table at the moment with 44 points from 26 matches.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest