Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Christian Eriksen is set to earn £260,000 per week at Inter Milan, which could increase to £320,000 per week with add-ons, according to The Guardian.
The Spurs playmaker has been embroiled in speculation over his future for the last 12 months, but the saga appears to be coming to an end.
The latest report suggests that Tottenham have accepted a €20 million (£16.8 million) offer from Inter and that the player is set to undergo a medical in Milan early next week.
Eriksen has been at Spurs for six-and-a-half years after joining from Ajax in 2013, with the Scandinavian schemer an important player for the North London club during that time.
However, with the 27-year-old making his desire to leave Tottenham public, the club’s supporters have turned on the Dane in recent months.
The sheer amount of money that Eriksen will reportedly earn at Inter is certainly interesting, with his basic salary higher than anyone at Spurs makes.
The Dane has turned down contract extension offers for Tottenham and will clearly make more money by moving to Italy.
Spurs fans have been impressed with Giovani Lo Celso’s performances in recent weeks, with the Argentina international looking like Eriksen’s natural successor in North London.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer