Leeds United have been handed an injury boost with the return of Gaetano Berardi, manager Marcelo Bielsa has confirmed.
The Whites defender is fit to feature in the Yorkshire side’s match at the weekend against struggling Wigan after missing the last two fixtures.
Leeds boss Bielsa revealed that Berardi had suffered a calf injury which kept him out at last weekend’s defeat away at Queens Park Rangers and Tuesday’s 3-2 comeback victory against Millwall.
The Swiss defender returns at a crucial time for Leeds with the side desperate to keep their place atop the Championship come May.
“We don’t have new injured players. Berardi is available, he is recovered.”Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa delivers an injury update
They currently sit in first place, two points clear of West Bromwich Albion in second and four ahead of Nottingham Forrest in third.
Bielsa also confirmed that the squad did not have any new injuries while Barry Douglas is nearing a return to training.
Defensive midfielder Kalvin Phillips is suspended and will miss the visit of the Latics to Elland Road on Saturday.
Adam Forshaw is also an absentee for Bielsa’s side due to a long term hip problem.
Wigan enter the fixture in the relegation zone after managing to secure just one away win all season.
Leeds will be hoping that their opponents’ dismal record on the road continues as they look to climb into the Premier League.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto