RB Leipzig will face Tottenham Hotspur in the first-leg of the UEFA Champions League round-of-16 tie in North London on Wednesday, with the Bundesliga side looking to strike and take away goals back to Germany.
The visitors will come in the match as slight underdogs, but will be motivated by their excellent domestic league position and the fact that Spurs have concerns in attack.
However, Leipzig’s management will be a little concerned regarding the team’s recent form, where they have just managed to win just three out of the last 10 matches in all competitions.
This has ncluded five draws and two defeats.
The form is even more concerning given the fact that they are going up against a Tottenham team who have beaten the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan at home in the last few seasons.
Leipzig finished on the top of the Group G with 11 points and lost just a single match against French side Lyon.
On the other hand, Spurs came second in Group B, eight points behind first-placed Bayern Munich.
On the team news front as per Bundesliga.com, Leipzig will be without their key defender Dayot Upamecano, who is suspended for the match.
He is not the only major absentee from the match for the visitors as captain Willi Orban and centre-back Ibrahima Konaté are also set to miss the match due to injuries.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups