Outside Scottish Premiership title candidates Glasgow Rangers are due to play against unpredictable St Johnstone in a league clash at McDiarmid Park on Sunday.
The Gers enter Sunday’s clash 10 points adrift of defending champions of Scotland Celtic ,albeit having played a game less.
Rangers can ill-afford anything other than victory against St Johnstone or else their chances of finally usurping the Hoops to the league title will further diminish.
Steven Gerrard’s side will have to make do without the services of Borna Barisic, according to BBC Sport.
The left-back suffered a kidney injury whilst playing against Braga in the Europa League on Thursday.
Ryan Jack will be set to return from European suspension whilst veteran Jermain Defoe and Filip Helander will not be available.
The two teams last faced off against each other last September at McDiarmid Park and Rangers went on to win the game 4-0 through a brace from Jermain Defoe and goals from Connor Goldson and Alfredo Morelos.
If Morelos is on form, there is a good chance that the Gers will once again claim three points from the game.
The South American has a good record against St Johnstone and has scored six goals in his last five appearances against them.
Good form from the Colombian will be especially vital considering that Defoe will not play.
Rangers chances of winning the Scottish Premiership have been severely diminished but they do need to win as many games as possible between now and the end of the season and hope that Celtic slip up.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka