Glasgow Rangers will face Aberdeen in the matchday 23 in the Scottish Premier League at the Ibrox Stadium on Saturday.
The home team will enter the contest as favourites as they are currently placed on the second spot of the league table with 44 points after 22 matches, five behind league leaders Celtic with a game in hand.
Therefore, Rangers manager Steven Gerrard will be hoping to see his team produce a positive result in the match against the fourth-placed team, which could help them reduce the gap to just two points.
In the previous game against Ross County, Rangers came out on top with a 2-0 margin courtesy goals from Jermain Defoe and Scott Arfield.
On the team news front, as per the Stat Zone, there is no such good news for the home team as they will be missing four key players—forward Jermain Defoe, defensive midfielder Ryan Jack, centre-back Filip Helander and right-back James Tavernier—due to number of injuries whereas striker Greg Stewart is also uncertain to take part in the match.
Rangers have an exceptional record against Aberdeen where they’ve emerged victorious 38 times in 63 meetings and suffered just 10 defeats.
In the previous meeting earlier in the campaign back in December 2019, the game ended as a draw with a 2-2 scoreline.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer