Steven Gerrard’s Rangers and West Ham United have suffered disappointment in their reported quest to sign West Bromwich Albion youngster Rayhaan Tulloch.
The Scottish Sun reported in May 2020 that Rangers manager Gerrard wants to bring Tulloch to Ibrox in the summer transfer window.
The report claimed interest in the 19-year-old West Brom forward from Premier League club West Ham as well.
Brighton and Hove Albion were also named among the clubs interested in the teenager, who was out of contract at the Baggies this summer.
However, Rangers, West Ham and Brighton all have been foiled in their reported bid to sign the England Under-18 international.
That’s because Tulloch has signed a new contract with West Brom, who are aiming to clinch automatic promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of the season.
West Brom have announced on their official website that the teenager has put pen to paper on a new four-year contract that will see him stay at The Hawthorns until 2024.
While a move to Rangers, West Ham or Brighton would have been tempting, staying amid familiar surroundings and playing for an ambitious club does make sense for a player who is still only 19 years of age and is still very raw.
Football Insider has reported this morning that Tulloch actually turned down an offer from Rangers to stay at West Brom, and it could turn out to be the right decision for the teenager.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto