Rafael van der Vaart has taken to Twitter to give his reaction to Tottenham Hotspur’s win against Arsenal at the weekend.
Tottenham defeated Arsenal 2-1 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the Premier League on Sunday evening.
Alexandre Lacazette put the Gunners in the lead in the 16th minute when he drove the ball brilliantly past Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
Son Heung-min restored parity for the home team just three minutes later when he took advantage of a defensive mix-up between Sead Kolasinac and David Luiz.
Another defensive error in the 81st minute saw Arsenal concede their second goal of the North London derby, as Toby Alderweireld headed home Son’s corner.
Former Tottenham star Van der Vaart was following the match, and he is pleased with the result and hopes that Jose Mourinho’s side kick on from now.
The win against Arsenal means that Spurs are now eighth in the Premier League table with 52 points from 35 matches.
Mourinho’s side are not going to finish in the Champions League places, but there is still a chance that they could end up in the Europa League spots.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups