Brighton and Hove Albion-owned defender Ben White has suggested to The Yorkshire Evening Post that he wants to be at Leeds United next season.
White joined Championship club Leeds on a season-long loan deal from Premier League outfit Brighton in the summer of 2019.
The 22-year-old central defender is playing well for Marcelo Bielsa’s side at the moment, and the youngster has suggested that he sees his future in the Premier League with the Whites.
White told The Yorkshire Evening Post: “Definitely, that’s what I have come here for. I don’t want to just stay in the Championship, I am looking to play in the Premier League and hopefully we can do it with Leeds.”
Leeds United future
White has established himself as a key figure at Leeds and has improved a lot under head coach Bielsa.
The defender staying at Leeds will be a massive boost for the Whites, but the key is that they clinch promotion to the Premier League at the end of the season.
If the West Yorkshire outfit fail in that quest, then it is hard to see White stay at Elland Road and play another season in the Championship.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups