According to The London Evening Standard, Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg wants to join Tottenham Hotspur in the summer transfer window.
The report has claimed that Hojbjerg has told Southampton that he wants to leave and move to a bigger club this summer.
Spurs are confident of reaching an agreement with the Saints and want to include Kyle Walker-Peters in a deal for the Denmark international midfielder, according to the report.
The 23-year-old right-back joined Southampton on loan from Premier League rivals Tottenham in the January transfer window and is scheduled to stay at St. Mary’s Stadium until the end of the season.
Tottenham Hotspur transfer this summer?
With Hojbjerg and Tottenham reportedly so keen on a transfer, it seems very likely that it will go through.
After all, Southampton are unlikely to want to keep a player who wants to move, and if they are made a good offer, then they will most probably accept it.
BT quoted Hojbjerg as describing Tottenham as “a big club” in April 2020, and a player of the Denmark international’s quality, calibre and experience will make Jose Mourinho’s side better next season and beyond.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager