According to The London Evening Standard, Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg wants to join Tottenham Hotspur in the summer transfer window.
The report has claimed that Hojbjerg has told Southampton that he wants to leave and move to a bigger club this summer.
Spurs are confident of reaching an agreement with the Saints and want to include Kyle Walker-Peters in a deal for the Denmark international midfielder, according to the report.
The 23-year-old right-back joined Southampton on loan from Premier League rivals Tottenham in the January transfer window and is scheduled to stay at St. Mary’s Stadium until the end of the season.
Tottenham Hotspur transfer this summer?
With Hojbjerg and Tottenham reportedly so keen on a transfer, it seems very likely that it will go through.
After all, Southampton are unlikely to want to keep a player who wants to move, and if they are made a good offer, then they will most probably accept it.
BT quoted Hojbjerg as describing Tottenham as “a big club” in April 2020, and a player of the Denmark international’s quality, calibre and experience will make Jose Mourinho’s side better next season and beyond.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups