Rangers and Celtic could miss out on Lewis Gibson after a report emerged that the defender has decided to sign a new contract with Everton.
Gibson is out of contract at Premier League outfit Everton at the end of the season, and there has been speculation that bitter Old Firm rivals Rangers and Celtic are keen on securing the services of the former Newcastle United prospect.
According to The Liverpool Echo, Celtic are interested in the 19-year-old defender, while The Athletic has claimed that Rangers are looking to sign the teenager on a pre-contract in the January transfer window with a view to bringing him to Ibrox in the summer of 2020.
However, Gibson is set to stay at Everton, according to a new report in The Liverpool Echo, which has claimed that the teenager will sign a new contract with the Toffees and will then look on moving to another club on loan for the rest of the season.
Gibson is only 19 years of age, and him playing for a club in the Championship or in League One on loan for the next few months will make him ready to break into the Everton first team next season.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest