That’s according to The Sun, which has reported that relegation to the Championship at the end of the season could have a major financial impact on the Norwich players.
It has been reported by the British tabloid that should Norwich get relegated from the Premier League, then the players will have to take a 50% pay-cut, as per a clause in their contracts.
Read Norwich reported in June that Leeds are interested in signing Buendía in the summer transfer window, and that the West Yorkshire outfit have already made an enquiry about signing the Argentine attacking midfielder.
The Whites are at the top of the Championship table at the moment and are on the verge of clinching automatic promotion to the Premier League, and head coach Marcelo Bielsa will need to add reinforcements to his team to make them competitive in the top flight of English football.
As for Norwich, the Canaries are at the foot of the Premier League table, and it looks likely that they will go back down to the Championship.
According to WhoScored, Buendía has made 26 starts and seven substitute appearances in the Premier League for Norwich so far this season, scoring one goal and providing seven assists in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 23-year-old attacking midfielder made 35 starts and three substitute appearances in the Championship for the Canaries, scoring eight goals and providing 12 assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet