Although Chelsea failed to see out the game against fierce London rivals Arsenal on Tuesday night, many of the club’s faithful were delighted with what they saw from Andreas Christensen on Twitter.
The Blues took the lead from the penalty spot when former defender, David Luiz, bundled over Tammy Abraham and was shown a red card after trying to recover from a horrendous error by centre-back partner Shkodran Mustafi.
Gabriel Martinelli pulled the visitors level after he capitalised on a counter-attack although Cesar Azpilicueta had put the hosts back in front with what would have felt the winner.
However, Hector Bellerin then fired home to disappoint Chelsea and meant they could only extend their hold on fourth place in the Premier League with an additional point.
Whilst fans would have likely been disappointed with how things transpired, it would seem many of them were delighted with what they saw from Christensen.
The Denmark international had a solid outing alongside Antonio Rudiger in the defence, having made a total of three tackles and four clearances, whilst also having an effort on goal and playing a key pass for one of his team-mates (per WhoScored).
Indeed, fans would wax lyrical over the £27million-rated enforcer’s display (per TransferMarkt), with some using a number of superlatives to describe what they witnessed from the 23-year-old.
Here are just some of their reactions…
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups