A number of Liverpool fans could not help themselves and raced to Twitter to share their delight after witnessing Virgil van Dijk’s latest performance for the Anfield outfit.
The Reds managed to overcome a tough Molineux encounter with Wolverhampton Wanderers on Thursday night as Jordan Henderson and Roberto Firmino both netted.
Raul Jimenez had pulled the hosts level shortly after the restart, however Jurgen Klopp’s side managed to rise to the challenge and overcome their opponents, extending their lead at the top of the Premier League in the process.
However, it appears many of the fans on social media felt Van Dijk was to thank, with a plethora of them racing to Twitter to share their praise for their centre-back star.
Indeed, it is hardly surprising the Holland international received so much attention, as he put in another stellar display for the Reds.
The 28-year-old managed to produce one tackle, one interception, one block and a massive four clearances, although it seems his performance may have gone under the radar as WhoScored scored him with a rather low 6.74.
Fear not, that did not put off the Liverpool faithful on Twitter, with many describing the £90million-rated (via TransferMarkt) man’s performance as “immense”.
Here are just some of their reactions…
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative