Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson has said that he doesn’t believe that Dele Alli has a future at Tottenham, as long as Jose Mourinho remains manager of the club.
The former Arsenal midfielder told Sky Sports: “If I am Dele Alli, I think I have no chance anyway. As long as Mourinho is the manager of this club, I am not playing.”
The 24-year-old has fallen down the pecking order at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this season and has been linked with a move to French giants PSG.
It would make sense for Alli to leave Spurs for the second half of the season, as his development has stalled since Mourinho’s arrival in North London.
He will also be tempted to join PSG. Playing for the French giants will allow the Englishman to play for an elite side, which regularly challenges for major honours.
It remains to be seen whether Spurs will allow Alli to leave this month. Daniel Levy is known to be one of the toughest negotiators in football and may only sanction a move if the club are able to find a replacement.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups