Steve McClaren suggested on Sky Sports News (11:05am, January 2, 2020) that Christian Eriksen should leave Tottenham Hotspur in the January transfer window.
Eriksen is out of contract at Tottenham at the end of the season, and no new deal is in place.
Former Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers boss McClaren – who is without a managerial job at the moment – believes that the Denmark international attacking midfielder should leave Spurs this month and revitalise himself.
McClaren said about Eriksen on Sky Sports News (11:05am, January 2, 2020): “I was in Norway and speaking to the Danish coach, who was just talking about Eriksen, not the player he was. He sees him week in and week out, not the player he was.
“He needs to be energised again. Wherever that is. I think he needs to go now. I think he needs to move. But these foreigners, they don’t mind, Real Madrid, Barcelona, that really appeals to these big, big players.”
Eriksen has made nine starts and eight substitute appearances in the Premier League for Tottenham so far this season, scoring two goals and providing two assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
The former Ajax star has also made two starts and three substitute appearances in the Champions League for Spurs, scoring one goal and providing one assist in the process, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 27-year-old scored eight goals and provided 12 assists in the league for Spurs, and also scored two goals and provided four assists in the Champions League, according to WhoScored.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer