Some sections of the Arsenal support on Twitter were left praising Shkodran Mustafi’s performance against Sheffield United on Saturday afternoon.
The Gunners were held to a 1-1 draw with a Blades outfit that have been impressive in the Premier League this season, as Mikel Arteta looks to get things going in the right direction.
The north Londoner’s managed to strike just before the interval when Gabriel Martinelli fired home, however John Fleck gave Chris Wilder’s side a share of the spoils shortly before the final whistle.
Indeed, Mustafi was one man that appeared to receive some praise for his performance following the result, with some on Twitter claiming that he looked good at the back.
The German’s individual stats may help to show why he had fans raving, as WhoScored’s data revealed the 27-year-old managed to achieve two tackles, five interceptions and six clearances as he was handed a match rating of 7.6.
Perhaps a divisive figure because of an apparent inconsistency in his performances, the £13.5million-rated (via TransferMarkt) enforcer seemed to be on the right side of the reactions the Arsenal faithful left on Twitter.
Here are just what some of the club’s fans had to say about Mustafi…
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager