Some sections of the Arsenal support on Twitter were left praising Shkodran Mustafi’s performance against Sheffield United on Saturday afternoon.
The Gunners were held to a 1-1 draw with a Blades outfit that have been impressive in the Premier League this season, as Mikel Arteta looks to get things going in the right direction.
The north Londoner’s managed to strike just before the interval when Gabriel Martinelli fired home, however John Fleck gave Chris Wilder’s side a share of the spoils shortly before the final whistle.
Indeed, Mustafi was one man that appeared to receive some praise for his performance following the result, with some on Twitter claiming that he looked good at the back.
The German’s individual stats may help to show why he had fans raving, as WhoScored’s data revealed the 27-year-old managed to achieve two tackles, five interceptions and six clearances as he was handed a match rating of 7.6.
Perhaps a divisive figure because of an apparent inconsistency in his performances, the £13.5million-rated (via TransferMarkt) enforcer seemed to be on the right side of the reactions the Arsenal faithful left on Twitter.
Here are just what some of the club’s fans had to say about Mustafi…
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative