Glasgow Rangers are seemingly close to the completion of signing a South African holding midfield player called Bongani Zungu from Amiens SC, the Scotsman reported at the weekend.
The French club have recently been relegated down to the French second division and the midfielder has played frequently for he South African national team.
If 27-year-old Zungu signs for Rangers, who will manager Steven Gerrard sell off to make way for his inclusion?
There are only so many players you can keep happy.
Gerrard usually only plays three midfield players, and it could be Ross McCrorie as a contender for another season-long loan deal away from Ibrox.
The other option is to keep McCrorie because he can play at right back, centre half or anywhere in midfield – a valuable asset for Rangers.
Glen Kamara produced good form in France when he was given a chance against Lyon, passing the audition with flying colours.
I thought Joe Aribo sparkled on occasions against Lyon last week, but does Gerrard actually know what his best position is, to use all his attributes?
Personally, the more I delve into the Amiens SC player, I would rather Rangers hold on to their own midfield players before signing Zungu.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest