With Glasgow Rangers looking for high-quality recruits in the summer transfer market, a move for Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed would be shrewd business in my opinion.
Strength in depth will be key for the Gers in the 2020-21 campaign and looking south of the border for good players makes sense.
Reed is a 25-year-old Southampton midfield player who is currently on loan to Championship side Fulham.
In the recent West Brom v Fulham game, I was really impressed with the midfielder, who looks to have all the attributes to be a star at Rangers.
Reed played in 30 Southampton Premier League ties, before being loaned to Championship side Norwich in season 2017-18. He played 43 games.
A season later, Reed joined Blackburn Rovers, another Championship side, and managed 36 appearances during that enjoyable loan period.
In August 2019, Reed was loaned to Fulham and started in 13 of the first 16 games, before a calf injury ruled him out until just before Christmas.
The defender or central midfielder is a product of the Southampton Academy and has represented England at Under-19 and Under-20 level.
Both Rangers and Celtic have had joy in signing players from England and turning them from fringe figures into top stars.
Reed could be a firm fans favourite at Ibrox but the Gers will need to move quickly to land him as plenty of other English sides will be interested in the midfielder after an impressive stint with Fulham.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups