Despite losing 3-2 to Arsenal at the weekend, the return of Andre Gomes is a massive boost for Everton.
The Toffees have missed their Portuguese playmaker after his serious injury and his impact from the bench at the Emirates Stadium was immediately apparent.
Gomes is undoubtedly Everton’s best option in the centre of midfield, with the former Barcelona man’s ability to dictate play with his stellar range of passing critical to the Goodison club’s chances of success.
Moving forward, the skillful schemer will have a big part of play in the Toffees’ outside chances of European qualification.
Everton have been in good form recently with the defeat to Arsenal ending a five-match unbeaten streak in the Premier League.
The Merseyside club is in 11th place, but just four points behind Sheffield United in seventh spot, which guarantees entry into the Europa League qualification rounds.
As a fixture against Manchester United approaches, Gomes must start and he could play in place of either Fabian Delph or Morgan Schneiderlin.
With Carlo Ancelotti having an excellent impact on the Everton team since he took over from Marco Silva, Gomes’ return will be another boost for a club on the up.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer