A number of Manchester United fans took to Twitter to slam Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for his decision to bring on Marcus Rashford and see him have to leave the field just ten minutes after.
The England international was introduced into the game for Daniel James just shortly before Juan Mata gave the hosts the lead against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
However, Rashford had to withdraw from the FA Cup replay 10 minutes or so later when he could not continue following a robust challenge, having initially trying to get through the pain barrier.
Indeed, with Liverpool up next, many Manchester United fans were fuming with Solskjaer’s decision to risk the forward in the fixture, especially considering he had been using a device to help a previous knock (MEN).
The 22-year-old has, arguably, been one of the Red Devils’ most important players this season and his threat in front of goal can not be underestimated.
According to the data collected by TransferMarkt, Rashford has 19 goals and five assists in his 30 appearances across all competitions.
Fans tore into Solskjaer for his decision-making on the night, in particular with the forward, and did not hold back with their thoughts.
Here are just some of their reactions…
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills