A number of Manchester United fans took to Twitter to slam Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for his decision to bring on Marcus Rashford and see him have to leave the field just ten minutes after.
The England international was introduced into the game for Daniel James just shortly before Juan Mata gave the hosts the lead against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
However, Rashford had to withdraw from the FA Cup replay 10 minutes or so later when he could not continue following a robust challenge, having initially trying to get through the pain barrier.
Indeed, with Liverpool up next, many Manchester United fans were fuming with Solskjaer’s decision to risk the forward in the fixture, especially considering he had been using a device to help a previous knock (MEN).
The 22-year-old has, arguably, been one of the Red Devils’ most important players this season and his threat in front of goal can not be underestimated.
According to the data collected by TransferMarkt, Rashford has 19 goals and five assists in his 30 appearances across all competitions.
Fans tore into Solskjaer for his decision-making on the night, in particular with the forward, and did not hold back with their thoughts.
Here are just some of their reactions…
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest