Norwich City duo Teemu Pukki and Alexander Tettey are doubts for their side’s fifth round FA Cup tie against Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday night, according to the club’s official website.
The Canaries pair are suffering from illness and their potential absence could add to manager Daniel Farke’s problems.
The Norwich duo will face a late fitness test on Wednesday as they race against time to be fit for the trip to North London.
Finnish striker Pukki is the Canaries’ top scorer while Tettey provides an experienced head in the middle of the park.
Norwich boss Farke is already without long-term absentees Christoph Zimmermann, Onel Hernandez, Sam Byram and Timm Klose.
Zimmermann (hamstring), Hernandez (knee), and Byram (hamstring) are not expected to feature again this season while Klose is recovering from a knee problem, which has kept him out nearly the entire season.
The Canaries have endured a torrid season so far with the club rock bottom of the Premier League, six points adrift of safety.
However, Farke’s men showed resilience and grabbed an impressive 1-0 win on Friday night against third-placed Leicester City, thanks to a Jamal Lewis winner.
The result showed that Norwich can beat any team on their day and it will give them confidence going into the cup fixture against a ‘big six’ side.
Norwich defeated fellow Premier League side Burnley 2-1 in the previous round of the FA Cup, while opponents Tottenham took two attempts to defeat Southampton and Middlesbrough in their previous two rounds.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills