Ninety Minutes Online is growing at an exponential rate and as such a new innovative internship program is being offered to budding bloggers, journalists and writers.
The site has been live since 2011 but was redesigned and reinvigorated in August 2016, with a major relaunch undertaken to give it a shot in the arm.
More than 575,000 page views in three weeks following the relaunch showed NMO’s potential and the feedback from their wider football audience has been very positive to date.
The editor, Gareth McKnight, is now calling on football enthusiasts to get involved with the site and apply for a position in the new internship program.
Gareth has progressed from volunteering his time on football sites for free to become a lead news writer and sub-editor at Goal.com. He has also worked for or had articles published by FourFourTwo, Soccer 360 Magazine, Football Fancast, Bleacher Report, Soccerlens and countless others.
A first step into football journalism is available with NMO and successful applicants will work closely with Gareth to learn the trade and build an online portfolio and presence.
- Be a football fan with knowledge of and passion for the sport.
- Have excellent written English skills.
- Be able to work to a high standard and deliver quality on time to meet deadlines.
- Be willing to take constructive criticism and take on board feedback.
- Initially contribute time and articles on an unpaid trial basis (as Gareth did when starting out). This will be reassessed after four weeks.
In exchange you will receive:
- The opportunity to have your work seen by thousands and tens of thousands of fellow football fans on a daily basis.
- The chance to learn from an experienced and proven football journalist and editor.
- The opportunity to build up a portfolio online for your CV.
- Paid work once the initial trial basis ends and the applicant has proven him or herself.
- The potential to be involved in an expanding football platform, with NMO being followed by three other sites that are currently under construction.
- The chance to grow with the company, with the idea that interns will quickly become paid members of staff and progress as the site(s) become increasingly successful.
For more information or to apply for a role in the NMO internship, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.