Newcastle United will play against relegation candidates Watford in a Premier League clash at Vicarage Road on Saturday.
The Magpies will be looking to bounce back after falling to a 5-0 defeat to Manchester City in their last game.
Watford enter the game on the back of a 2-1 victory over basement club Norwich City. However, they were made to work against the out of form Canaries.
Steve Bruce will have to make do without the services of Allan Saint-Maximin, Andy Carroll, Isaac Hayden and club captain Jamaal Lascelles for the game, according to Goal.
The quartet also missed the game against City. The absence of the inspirational leadership of Lascelles appeared to take a toll on the club.
With relegation having been virtually avoided, one can argue that Newcastle has nothing to play for during the remainder of the season. They should aim to finish as high up in the standings as possible.
This will help to set a good platform for the club ahead of next season. They should ideally be aiming to challenge for a strong finish on the top half of the standings next season.
The reverse fixture was played in August at St James Park and ended in a 1-1 draw. The Hornets are unbeaten in all five of their previous Premier League home games against the Magpies.
Newcastle has also won just one out of their previous eight games against Watford, drawing three times and losing four games in the process.
Newcastle will need to have more fight in this game than they had against City.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer