Newcastle United are due to play against Chelsea in a Premier League game at St James Park on Saturday.
The Magpies are currently in poor form after having won just one out of their previous five league games and points against the fourth place Blues could help to improve their confidence.
Steve Bruce’s Newcastle side have quite a few injury problems to deal with right now.
Andy Carroll and Alan Saint-Maximin are doubtful for the game according to The Guardian.
The report added that Dwight Gayle, Jetro Willems, Paul Dummett, Javier Manquillo, Yoshinouri Muto, Fabian Schar and DeAndre Yedlin will all definitely miss the Newcastle game.
Joelinton is almost certain to lead the line for the Magpies as he is the club’s only recognised fit striker right now.
The two sides last met at Stamford Bridge in a league encounter in October with the Blues prevailing 1-0. Chelsea also won the corresponding fixture last season 2-1.
Amidst Newcastle’s injury problems and current level of form, Chelsea will go into the game as the favourites.
Newcastle might be in 13th position on the league standings but they have not yet fully averted the threat of relegation.
They are currently just five points adrift of 18th place Aston Villa. Two consecutive losses from here on and they could soon be in the relegation zone.
The Magpies need to be very smart in the way that they approach the game.
A draw will be a good result for them but upsets do happen in the league and Chelsea have proven to lack consistency so you can never predict what can happen.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka