Newcastle United will face Wolves in the match day 22 in the English Premier League at the Molineux Stadium on Saturday.
The home team will enter the contest relatively low-on-confidence after suffering three back-to-back defeats, two of which came while playing at home.
If the poor form was not enough, the Magpies are now going up against one of the most in-form teams currently playing in England’s top-division which is bound to make things harder for Steve Bruce and his players.
On the team news front as per BBC, there is some positive development for Newcastle fans as centre-backs Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett and strikers Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle are all fit and are ready to take part in the match on Saturday.
With both Carroll and Gayle available for the match, it will be interesting to see whether Bruce will stick with out-of-form striker Joelinton or will he turn to senior pros and give the youngster a much-needed break.
Wolves have an edge over Newcastle in the recent meetings as they registered two wins in the last four encounters with just one defeat.
In the previous meeting between both teams earlier in the league competition at the St James’ Park, the game ended with a 1-1 score line but Nuno Espírito Santo’s men were clearly the better side on the day.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City